2017 Teddy Bear Picnic
At this free, family-friendly event on MSU’s campus, children can bring their favorite stuffed animals for a check-up at the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Teddy Bear Hospital, a mock clinic staffed by physicians and students from MSU’s health colleges. The annual event was created to help children overcome the fear of “going to the doctor” in a fun, safe environment.
While you’re there, be sure to stop by all the booths for face painting, music and dancing, activities with MSU athletes, balloon animals, healthy snacks and much more!
– Teddy Bear Hospital – Kids can take their stuffed animal to get an insurance card, X-rays and other fun interactive activities
– Shoot hoops with the Michigan State Women’s Basketball to shoot a few hoops
– Join in a performance with the MSU Pompon team
– Run soccer drills with the MSU Women’s Soccer Team
– Kids helmet giveaways
– Face painting & balloon animals at the MSU Federal Credit Union tent
– Explore the inside of an ambulance
– Enjoy healthy snacks courtesy of Meijer
– Jump rope with Michigan State University College of Education Department of Kinesiology students