Grace United Methodist Church is seeking a nursery worker. This person would provide childcare to children ages 0-4 on Sundays from 10:00 am – 12:30 pm and 1 additional day throughout the week for special gatherings.
Position Summary: The nursery worker, along with at least one other adult volunteer, will provide child care in the church nursery facility for infants and toddler of parents attending worship or special events. Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Provide a loving and nurturing environment for the children
- Provide structured learning, music, story and activity times for the children, centered around the core belief that Jesus loves them
- Warmly greet parents and children and secure necessary administrative information
- Prepare facility to receive children by making sure furnishings and toys are safe, structurally sound and clean
- Supervise adult volunteer workers as to their role and responsibilities
- Maintain security to keep children safe and be knowledgeable as to building provisions and emergency exits
Previous child care experience is preferred. CPR training is required for the position and certification courses are eligible for employer reimbursement.
Interested applicants should contact:
Grace United Methodist Church
1900 Boston Blvd
Lansing, Michigan 48910
Phone: (517) 482-5750