Position is in Lansing. Full time with benefits. Salary $52,336 – $56,308.
Position is posted at the Michigan Public Health Institute (MPHI). Click HERE for job posting (and instructions on how to apply).
Purpose: This position will provide contract monitoring, per MDHHS requirements, of programmatic activities to local Nurse Family Partnership (NFP) home visiting programs funded through MDHHS to ensure state contract expectations are met. The Home Visiting Model Consultant will work within the Michigan Home Visiting Initiative within the Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), with regard to specific prevention-focused home visiting models for at-risk pregnant women and families with young children.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide sub-recipient monitoring, per MDHHS requirements, of programmatic activities to local Nurse Family Partnership (NFP) home visiting programs funded through MDHHS to ensure state contract expectations are met.
- Support programs to ensure adherence to model specific fidelity standards.
- Serve as a liaison between the Michigan Home Visiting Initiative and the Maternal Infant Health Program.
- Contribute to the overall planning and implementation of the state’s Home Visiting Initiative
- Work with program staff to analyze and develop procedures to integrate the model into the broader Early Childhood and Home Visiting Systems.
- Participate in grant development/writing, conference planning, and other MHVI activities as identified by the managers.
- Maintains a positive, strong, credible, professional and interpersonal relationship with all parties relevant of MDHHS/MPHI projects, and represent the best interest of MDHHS/MPHI at all times.
- Master’s degree preferred in nursing, public health, or a closely related health field.
- Possess a current license as a registered nurse in the State of Michigan.
- At least five years of professional experience in maternal child health, with at least one year of home visiting or public health/community nursing experience.
- At least three years of experience providing leadership to other health professionals via consultation, supervision or administration is preferred.
- Experience improving disparities in health outcomes.
- Experience with core community-based strategies for addressing successful maternal and infant health outcomes.
- Experience developing and supporting successful community-based coalitions/collaborations.