From our partners at the Ingham County Department of Health and Human Services
Dear Community Partner,
In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, Ingham County Department of Health and Human Services has put in place several new protocols:
- Our lobby is now closed to the public except for those who have an appointment. People are encouraged to connect through MiBridges(www.michigan.gov/mibridges) or by calling their case worker or the main number, 517-887-9400. There is a drop box located outside the lobby at Door 4. Paperwork and applications may be put into the drop box which is emptied several times a day. Envelopes and pens are on the drop box; clients should write their name and case number on the envelope before putting into the drop box. The drop box is only available from 8 am-5 pm.
- Copies can no longer be made in the lobby.
- Paper applications for benefits are no longer being given out. If someone already has a paper application, this may be put in the drop box.
- We have suspended the requirement for in person interviews. All necessary interviews are being conducted by telephone.
- We have also suspended the requirement for individuals to complete in-person orientations and subsequent work activities, as a condition of eligibility for the Family Independence Program (cash assistance).
- If a client has their mail coming here and an EBT card is delivered, the client will be called and an appointment scheduled for that same day.
- If a client needs to pick up an EBT card, an appointment will be scheduled.
Please let me know if you have questions or concerns.
Community Resource Coordinator
Ingham County MDHHS